Sun – Summerfest
SUMMERFEST: Now is the time to get serious in planning for our 2019 Summerfest – Sunday, June 30th – Noon to 6PM – indoors and outdoors on our parish grounds. Here are some things all of us can do to make the event successful – socially and financially.
– INVITE: tell our former parishioners and graduates of our school, your next door neighbors and your co-workers about our Summerfest and invite them to come,
– DONATE: an easy way to help with the Summerfest is to donate a six or twelve pack of water, soda or “adult” beverage. Drop off at rectory at your convenience.
– CREATE: A Theme Basket on your own, donate new items so that our basket builders can arrange another basket, join the basket makers on Tuesday evenings to build such baskets, make a donation in the special envelope so the girls can purchase items for such baskets.
– SELL: tickets for our “Welcome Summer Raffle” – $3000.00 in cash prizes – have been mailed to you. Additional tickets available in the rectory and church building. Raffle Tickets make a great birthday present, thank you gift, thinking of you gift, Father’s Day present.
– BAKE: the Bake Shoppe is usually the first booth sold out because St. Al’s has some of the best bakers this side of the NYS Thruway. Plan on baking your personal favorite.
– VOLUNTEER: Summerfest Leadership also needs more hands to set-up and take down, to staff a booth, to help serve food, to welcome our dinner guests and to clean tables. An hour or two of your time would be very much appreciated. Call the rectory and leave your name.
– PASS THE WORD: Tell people about the absolutely awesome BBQ Chicken and Ribs Dinner that is sold all afternoon from Noon to sold out. Dinner tickets, at pre-event discount prices, will be available soon at the rectory.
– DINNER WITH THE PASTOR: It really is not a lot of fun – and the food is mediocre – but it does make Father Peter feel better if at least a few people buy a ticket for the annual “Dinner with the Pastor”. $1.00 a chance – with a whole sheet of tickets for only $10.00! Bring your lap-top in case things get really dull!
– BUY SOMETHING: It is anticipated that more artists and crafters than ever will have their unique items for sale on “Arts and Crafts Lane”. You will most certainly find the exact item you wanted for your home or to gift a friend. Please help us make our annual Summerfest a success this year. For more information, call the rectory or speak with Summerfest Leadership or Father Peter. Over the years, as people left, many often told Father Peter how they look forward to our Summerfest because the people of St. Al’s are so friendly and welcoming – so special. And that is something we all can do! Being friendly, welcoming and special will make this year’s Summerfest a huge success. Thank you.